Let us help you motivate your students to grow and learn through the pursuit of their artistic goals! The 33rd Annual Artistic Competition for Exceptional Students (ACES) recognizes local 6th – 12th grade students who display talent in the musical or visual / performing arts. February 12th submission deadline.
33RD ANNUAL ARTISTIC COMPETITION FOR EXCEPTIONAL STUDENTS (ACES)
Visual, Performing, and Musical COMPETITIONS WILL ALL BE VIRTUAL THIS YEAR. Deadline for all audition submissions is FEBRUARY 12, 2021. Performing and Musical Submissions will be submitted as You Tube or Vimeo links. Visual Art submissions will be in jpeg format. Virtual Awards will be February 26, 2021.
- Virtual Submissions: February 12, 2021
- Virtual Awards: March 5, 2021, 9AM on The Arts Council of Montgomery’s Facebook page & website: https://artscouncilmontgomery.org
ENTRY FEES & GUIDELINES:
- Open to students who attend school, live, or take lessons in Montgomery, Autauga & Elmore counties.
- Students may register for more than one category. $10 for one category, $15 for two categories, $20 for three or more categories. Visual art allows for up to TWO submissions for $10. Entry fees are non-refundable. We reserve the right to change or cancel categories if necessary, to accommodate the program. If we cancel, we refund.
- Armory Learning Arts Center’s music studio & piano are available by reservation only, and at no charge for student audition recording.
- As a participant of this program, your name/photograph/video may be used for publicity.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
Auditions must be submitted as You Tube or Vimeo links. Upload of sheet music will be required for all musical and voice submissions, and monologue upload will be required for acting submissions.
- ACTING/THEATRE: Perform one dramatic or comedic monologue not to exceed 3 minutes.
- DANCE: Perform a 2-3 minute dance piece of any style.
- GUITAR: (guitar, mandolin, dulcimer, banjo, harp, etc.) Perform one piece not to exceed 4 minutes.
- INSTRUMENTAL: (brass, woodwinds, percussion) Perform one piece not to exceed 4 minutes.
- PIANO: Perform one piece not to exceed 4 minutes.
- STRINGS: (violin, viola, cello, bass, fiddle, etc.) Perform one piece not to exceed 4 minutes.
- VOICE: Perform one classical, sacred or musical theatre piece not to exceed 4 minutes. No pop tunes. No vocal backgrounds.
Visual Art Submissions must be in JPEG file format:
- VISUAL ART: Good quality images of original artwork; Jpeg File no larger than 6MB.
- Name Image files: firstname.lastname.title.medium (ex: john.smith.RiverBridge.acrylic)
AWARDS: Awards are presented for junior & senior high in each category. Certificates and monetary vouchers must be used in his/her winning category (such as instruments, music, pointe shoes, camps, etc).
Senior High School (9th – 12th grades)
- 1st Place - $500 voucher
- 2nd Place - $300 voucher
- 3rd Place - $100 voucher
Junior High School (6th – 8th grades)
- 1st Place - $250 voucher
- 2nd Place - $150 voucher
- 3rd Place - $50 voucher
SUBMISSION HINTS/TIPS: Please be mindful that student’s instrument, hands, fingers are visible, and sound quality is good. Visual art images need to be in focus, well lit, and without glare. Armory Learning Arts Center’s music studio & piano are available by reservation only, and no charge for student audition recording.
CONTACT: The Arts Council of Montgomery at The Armory Learning Arts Center by calling 334-625-ARTS (2787), or emailing Margaret Barber (Arts Program Coordinator) email@example.com